Topics

Jon Kenneke (was: Diode OR gates for address decoding?)

bill rowe

I'm sure this must be Jon - his obit is an interesting read.  I know he was in Oregon.  I corresponded with him quite a bit a year or so ago and he made me a rom adapter for the Boyd calculator. I might try reaching out to his wife if she's on facebook or the like.

From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of Paul Birkel <pbirkel@...>
Sent: September 21, 2020 4:12 AM
To: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io>
Subject: [cosmacelf] 3850/3853 Project (was: Diode OR gates for address decoding?)

All:

Hijacking (restarting?) an old thread from the Yahoo! list in 2016 (copied below).  I was interested in contacting Jon about his
3850/3853 project.  The 3850 is better known as the Fairchild F8 processor (1977), which appeared on the scene only slightly later than the 1802.

Unfortunately it seems that (based on net-research) Jon passed away earlier this year.  kenneke.com has gone offline (final wayback: https://web.archive.org/web/20200201071950/http://www.kenneke.com/), his mail server is no longer responding, and there is a more-or-less corresponding obituary posted (https://www.newsbreak.com/oregon/albany/news/1582571130390/jon-keith-fromherz-kenneke).  Could be a terrible coincidence, of course.  If so then Jon please-speak-up!  Otherwise, my condolences to his family and friends.  Seems to have been a real nice guy, as well as an intermittent contributor here.

Was anyone here perhaps in communication with Jon about his project, including the 6502 to F8 assembly converter, or knows more about his effort?

If so could you share that information?  Thank you,
paul

-----