Topics

Glowing Chips

Jeff Truck

My brother got a new toy.  We took an image of my house breaker panel.  Then I got an idea.  I powered up the Frankenstein board and shot this.   Now the glow of the six TIL311 displays is understandably so.  But the glow of the two address latch chips caught my eye as well.   I pointed out to my brother that his camera has a slight vertical alignment issue between visual and infrared light but it still works to point out the relative hit spots.  These images were taken within 10 minutes of power on.

Here is a close up of those address latch chips.