Topics

Elf 2000 PCB DS1210 problem #ELF2K

Rob Carnegie

While searching for firmware I accidentally found this discussion regarding the DS1210 chip on the Elf 2K PCB.

I checked pin 7 of the socket for DS1210 on my board (one of the last series produced) and it indeed seems to be unconnected to ground.  The thread is fairly old so I am wondering if this was still the final word on the subject?  Should I be connecting my DS1210 pin 7 to ground?

Hank Riley

Rob,

To me the final word is the datasheet and is consistent with Ed's anecdotal experience.

The datasheet wording (in #8574)is correctly quoted by Ed as saying "must be grounded."  In addition, there is also this sentence in the datasheet:   "A grounded VBAT2 pin will not activate a battery-fail warning."

Executive summary:      :)

             Ground pin 7 in the absence of a battery #2 on that pin.

Hank

_

>Should I be connecting my DS1210 pin 7 to ground?

  Connect it to ground or connect it to the other battery pin, but don't leave it floating.

Bob