Sent: Friday, September 06, 2019 9:32 AM
Subject: [cosmacelf] Old and Obsolete Parts

I have a collection of old and obsolete parts (several thousand at least.) If anyone is looking for anything special, let me know and I'll check it against... what I can find :). I'll be at VCFMW and will bring a few of what I've found that might be of use (mostly NOS.)

Some of these parts came from Culler Scientific and were probably used in the design of their computers. Others were used by a friend of mine (now deceased) who designed boards for Renco.

Marvin

Virusfritt. www.avast.com

bobolink

You are my new best friend.

joshbensadon

Hi Marvin,

Do you have any 4801 Dynamic RAM chips?  Sounds like we're playing a game of FISH.

Looking forward to meeting you at VCF-MW.  I'll be with Lee at the 1802 Table.

Cheers,
Josh

On Friday, September 6, 2019, 3:32:25 AM EDT, Marvin Johnston <marvin@...> wrote:

I have a collection of old and obsolete parts (several thousand at least.) If anyone is looking for anything special, let me know and I'll check it against... what I can find :). I'll be at VCFMW and will bring a few of what I've found that might be of use (mostly NOS.)

Some of these parts came from Culler Scientific and were probably used in the design of their computers. Others were used by a friend of mine (now deceased) who designed boards for Renco.

Marvin

Marvin Johnston

I am not familiar with quite a number of these chips. Here are a few I have "in my hand" :).

21 0 AN99CK641 64K x 1 Static RAM
4 HM6168H 4K x 4 bit high Speed CMOS Static RAM, marked "SAMPLE"
1 or 2 Philips UART SCC2691
1 or 2 Philips DUART
3 MAX232EPE
2 AM26LS31PC
1 AM26LS32PC
EMP5128GC-1 (used)
2 AM29524
2 AM5252 PCIM 176 LCD Digital Voltmeters
16 SSM6168-20CC Static RAM 4K x 4
20 MCM8804AC 4K Static RAM
43 AM99C641 65K x 1 SRAM
4 AM27S49DC ENG SAMPLE
2 DL2416T Displays (Aim65, etc.)
23 SEMI 4402ACC
8 Cypress 7C517-45OC 16 x 16 Multiplier (marked as having a problem)
1 CDP1892CE
1 CDP1802ACE
1 CDP1851CE
1 CDO1854ACE
1 tube 78L05 probably around 200 or so (ordered wrong part footprint.)

Etc, etc, etc., and this is stuff I know I don't need. Right now, my emphasis is on getting a bunch of computers checked out to sell (Apples, Amigas, Commodores, Ataris, TRS-80 model IIIs, Cocos, etc., etc., etc :).

I haven't gotten into the 7400 stuff or 4000 series stuff yet, as well as the other boxes of "stuff" that I don't know what they are. I would say from what I see that almost everything is digital although there might be some analog chips spread around. There are also probably a couple hundred tubes of chips I haven't looked at much.

Jason hasn't really assigned the selling spots yet as they are still subject to change,so no real idea where I'll be. I'll be driving out leaving either Monday or Tuesday morning early to arrive on Thursday afternoon.

Hope this helps. Makes me tired just thinking about this stuff :).

Marvin

Gregg Levine

Hello!
We are drifting just slightly here, but.... Is there an Apple IIC in
that collection?
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@...

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 8:13 PM Marvin Johnston <marvin@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, I do have an Apple iic, drives, monitors, etc. but so far I haven't found the power supply for it. I probably checked it out a year or so ago, but can't be sure.

Keeping it OT, the code dates of these chips range from the 70's to the 90's. I also have a Cubic programmer board for the Aim65.

Thanks for checking!

Marvin

joshbensadon

Marvin,

I'd love to buy the CDP1892,  don't know what it is, but I'm sure I don't have one.

Oh, found the correct part number for the DRAM I'm looking for/..

Mostek MK4008P-9 or an AMI S4008-9

Perhaps I'll take some 7400 chips too?  I suggest you sell them by the pound. LoL.

Josh

On Friday, September 6, 2019, 8:13:01 PM EDT, Marvin Johnston <marvin@...> wrote:

[...]

I don't think a little drifting is bad... I think posting some swap plans for a VCF show is interesting.  If it doesn't interest some, then rest assured, it will all be over after the show next week!

On Friday, September 6, 2019, 9:17:14 PM EDT, Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8@...> wrote:

Hello!
We are drifting just slightly here, but.... Is there an Apple IIC in
that collection?
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@...

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 8:13 PM Marvin Johnston <marvin@...> wrote:

> I am not familiar with quite a number of these chips. Here are a few I have "in my hand" :).
>
> 21 0 AN99CK641 64K x 1 Static RAM
> 4 HM6168H 4K x 4 bit high Speed CMOS Static RAM, marked "SAMPLE"
> 1 or 2 Philips UART SCC2691
> 1 or 2 Philips DUART
> 3 MAX232EPE
> 2 AM26LS31PC
> 1 AM26LS32PC
> EMP5128GC-1 (used)
> 2 AM29524
> 2 AM5252 PCIM 176 LCD Digital Voltmeters
> 16 SSM6168-20CC Static RAM 4K x 4
> 20 MCM8804AC 4K Static RAM
> 43 AM99C641 65K x 1 SRAM
> 4 AM27S49DC ENG SAMPLE
> 2 DL2416T Displays (Aim65, etc.)
> 23 SEMI 4402ACC
> 8 Cypress 7C517-45OC 16 x 16 Multiplier (marked as having a problem)
> 1 CDP1892CE
> 1 CDP1802ACE
> 1 CDP1851CE
> 1 CDO1854ACE
> 1 tube 78L05 probably around 200 or so (ordered wrong part footprint.)
>
> Etc, etc, etc., and this is stuff I know I don't need. Right now, my emphasis is on getting a bunch of computers checked out to sell (Apples, Amigas, Commodores, Ataris, TRS-80 model IIIs, Cocos, etc., etc., etc :).
>
> I haven't gotten into the 7400 stuff or 4000 series stuff yet, as well as the other boxes of "stuff" that I don't know what they are. I would say from what I see that almost everything is digital although there might be some analog chips spread around. There are also probably a couple hundred tubes of chips I haven't looked at much.
>
> Jason hasn't really assigned the selling spots yet as they are still subject to change,so no real idea where I'll be. I'll be driving out leaving either Monday or Tuesday morning early to arrive on Thursday afternoon.
>
> Hope this helps. Makes me tired just thinking about this stuff :).
>
> Marvin

Gregg Levine

Hello!
My problem is that if this is the VCF taking place next weekend or so,
in the Chicago area, then I certainly can't be there. And all of a
sudden the ones I do want to see at the show here in NJ aren't showing
up, worse luck.

As for your CDP1892CE, perhaps the archives at the website behind
here, will help out. Google got lost again.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@...

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 2:44 PM joshbensadon via Groups.Io
<joshbensadon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Gregg,  I hope to get to VCF East next year... depends if I can afford it.

But, if there's anything you want from VCF MW, you can probably ask someone from the old MARCH group.
I'm not sure who's coming this year, but check with Bill Degnan, Mouse, Z.  There's a couple of other guys that often come, but I can't remember their names at the moment.  Stack Overflow!

On Saturday, September 7, 2019, 3:59:17 PM EDT, Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8@...> wrote:

> [...]

> > Etc, etc, etc., and this is stuff I know I don't need. Right now, my emphasis is on getting a bunch of computers checked out to sell (Apples, Amigas, Commodores, Ataris, TRS-80 model IIIs, Cocos, etc., etc., etc :).
> >
> > I haven't gotten into the 7400 stuff or 4000 series stuff yet, as well as the other boxes of "stuff" that I don't know what they are. I would say from what I see that almost everything is digital although there might be some analog chips spread around. There are also probably a couple hundred tubes of chips I haven't looked at much.
> >
> > Jason hasn't really assigned the selling spots yet as they are still subject to change,so no real idea where I'll be. I'll be driving out leaving either Monday or Tuesday morning early to arrive on Thursday afternoon.
> >
> > Hope this helps. Makes me tired just thinking about this stuff :).

Marvin Johnston

Did you know the 0 and 9 are right next to each other on the keyboard :). I saw that type too, and wondered what happened. Oh well, so much for typos! I was more curious what the 1851 and 1854 are.

I thought about selling them by the pound, but then I'd have to sell them at some astronomical price. I do have a box of "tailings" though with who knows what is included... certainly not the dog though/.

I'll keep my eyes open for the 4008-9. That -9 is kind of wierd as I normally would think of the parts as 90 ns in speed.

BTW, I went out into the garage to see what I could see, and it was amazing the number of computers out there! If I had a bigger vehicle (and managed my time better), I'd try and bring things like the Cado word processor, philips word processor, Intel MDS system, and Tek paper tape XY controller., At one point in time, I had somewhere around 700 systems with the idea of starting a museum. Now, I'm more interested in keeping mainly those computers,software, and peripherals that were built in Santa Barbara/Goleta/Carpinteria (Polymorphic, Lobo, Street Electronics, Pickles and Trout, Code Works, Midnight Software, CLOAD magazine, etc.)

Marvin

Timothy Stoddard

I'm curious about the 1892 part as well... can you post a close-up photo of it?
--
Tim Stoddard
"Life with technology: It's a roller coaster ride!"

Marvin Johnston

Unfortunately, the van transmission blew up when I was in St George, UT, so I won't be at VCFMW this year. I'll have more time, and will try to bring more of the chip collection with me as well as posting the chip numbers. Sorry about that one!

Marvin

joshbensadon

Marvin,

You were not the only one with vehicle trouble.  Another guy from Toronto, Joe Palumbo, had a brake failure 1/2 way to the show.

I hope that transmission doesn't set you too far back!?  See you next year!

Josh

On Thursday, September 12, 2019, 9:39:18 p.m. CST, Marvin Johnston <marvin@...> wrote:

Unfortunately, the van transmission blew up when I was in St George, UT,
so I won't be at VCFMW this year. I'll have more time, and will try to
bring more of the chip collection with me as well as posting the chip
numbers. Sorry about that one!

Marvin

Marvin Johnston

Thanks Josh. Long story short, turns out the u-joint went bad, I didn't catch it, and it ended up destroying the transmission. The vehicle was not worth another $3000+, so the transmission shop said they could deal with scraping out the van.

On the good side, it will give me another year to check out the ICs, and fix up more computers :).

Marvin

joshbensadon

Marvin,

Yeah, it's like my van then...  I double it's worth every time I load it with a few ELF computers.

Right, time to do an inventory of chips!  Those cute little bugs we all love!

:) J