Topics

Thai CDP 1802 #Wichit

John Miles

Some time ago I purchased an assembled and tested CDP 1802 Microprocessor Kit from Thailand. Chuck Yakym was kind enough to give me a copy of his MCSMP20 monitor and BASIC3, modified to run on the Thai kit.

Both worked like a dream, no problems whatsoever. I added a 16x2 LCD module to the Thai kit and was able to "poke" the appropriate addresses from BASIC3 and write to the module (photo attached).

Enjoy

Rick

Hi John,

I recently purchased the 8085 version, and have I’ve been tempted to get the 1802 version. It would definitely be worth it to have a decent monitor and BASIC.  Is the code you mentioned available?

John Miles

Hi Rick,

The monitor and BASIC code (Hex file) came from Chuck Yakym (the-eagle) and I simply burned it into a 32k eprom, so I didn´t do much at all.

I believe that the same code is available for the Membership Card.

Please note that the Thai kit has no mass storage, so saving/loading your work in BASIC3 can only be done over the serial link using putty or something similar.

cheers

John

On Sat, 6 Apr 2019 at 01:59, Rick <rppolicy@...> wrote:
Hi John,

I recently purchased the 8085 version, and have I’ve been tempted to get the 1802 version. It would definitely be worth it to have a decent monitor and BASIC.  Is the code you mentioned available?

Paul Schmidt

At some point, I wonder if we might consider referring to Wichit’s educational products by his name, instead of just ‘Thai’….seems that is only fair and appropriate to credit him for his efforts…..just a thought.

Paul

The monitor and BASIC code (Hex file) came from Chuck Yakym (the-eagle) and I simply burned it into a 32k eprom, so I didn´t do much at all.

I believe that the same code is available for the Membership Card.

Please note that the Thai kit has no mass storage, so saving/loading your work in BASIC3 can only be done over the serial link using putty or something similar.

cheers

John

On Sat, 6 Apr 2019 at 01:59, Rick <rppolicy@...> wrote:

Hi John,

I recently purchased the 8085 version, and have I’ve been tempted to get the 1802 version. It would definitely be worth it to have a decent monitor and BASIC.  Is the code you mentioned available?

Rick

Paul,

I totally agree Paul.  Based on the board I bought, the effor that he put in deserves recognition.  He has a version for just about every 8 bit processor.  They would make great trainers for high school and college courses.

If Wichit sees this message, I apologize.

Rick

Raymond Sills

And a link to where the boards can be found would be nice to know.

73 de Ray

I totally agree Paul.  Based on the board I bought, the effor that he put in deserves recognition.  He has a version for just about every 8 bit processor.  They would make great trainers for high school and college courses.

If Wichit sees this message, I apologize.

Rick

Paul Birkel

-----

And a link to where the boards can be found would be nice to know.

73 de Ray

-----

Chuck, may I ask if you've described the changes to support Prof. Sirichote's board somewhere, please?  I imagine you needed to note and work around the memory mapped I/O area, and I assume you needed to support the ACIA chip for serial I/O?

Cheerful regards, Mike