Topics

SBC1802 Build #Assembler #Serial #Homebrew

Timothy Stoddard

Update:
Re-wired the two 32K sockets to accommodate either EEPROM or EPROM in the right socket as well as the ability to switch the two banks by a single jumper. Jumpers are around the 2nd 32K bank in photo.
Added jumper plug for serial bootloader data to EF3 (Jumper just below the 1802)
Using the naken_asm I recompiled the David Madole bootloader to run in the 0xFFE0 successfully tested a binary serial upload via CoolTerm.

--
Tim Stoddard
"Life with technology: It's a roller coaster ride!"

David Madole

Hi Tim,

I like your build, especially the separate hex displays for bus and port and all the status indicators. You mentioned on a previous post adding a CDP1854 to run FIGforth, did you see that I patched FIGforth to work with a bit-banged serial port on EF3 and Q? You would just need to add the output side to what you have now. Not that a real UART would be a bad thing to have either.

David

Re-wired the two 32K sockets to accommodate either EEPROM or EPROM in the right socket as well as the ability to switch the two banks by a single jumper. Jumpers are around the 2nd 32K bank in photo.
Added jumper plug for serial bootloader data to EF3 (Jumper just below the 1802)
Using the naken_asm I recompiled the David Madole bootloader to run in the 0xFFE0 successfully tested a binary serial upload via CoolTerm.

--
Tim Stoddard
"Life with technology: It's a roller coaster ride!"

Timothy Stoddard

I have been watching your figForth mods...  and thinking I might give that a try!
--
Tim Stoddard
"Life with technology: It's a roller coaster ride!"

Timothy Stoddard

I ordered some Cherry Red key switches and a set of keycaps to build out a custom keyboard... I HATE that cheap matrix pad!
--
Tim Stoddard
"Life with technology: It's a roller coaster ride!"

Rick

Just an FYI...

Digilent has a hex keypad that’s fairly nice. It has actual keys and is around $10.

https://store.digilentinc.com/pmod-kypd-16-button-keypad/

Timothy Stoddard

Thanks Rick! I'm looking to build out a custom back-lit one with control keys as well, so I'm opting for MX Cherry red keys switches.