From: marcpic13@... [rcacosmac] <rcacosmac@...>
To: rcacosmac <rcacosmac@...>
Sent: Sun, May 28, 2017 4:31 pm
Subject: [rcacosmac] New Interpreted Programming Language Called CHIP-12 and a BASIC Compiler for it

Hi Everyone,

This is just an FYI to all those who like CHIP-8 and to everyone who like learning new things (especially when it comes to novel developing software).

I have also written a CHIP-12 BASIC Compiler which will help in learning CHIP-12.

I have tried my best to give examples and tutorials, etc.

You can read and learn all about it on my website ----> http://marcpic.com/

Here's the direct link to the CHIP-12 and CHIP-12 BASIC Compiler Page  ---> http://marcpic.com/CHIP12/

I'm available to answer questions and help anyone wishing to learn CHIP-12 and the BASIC Compiler via e-mail marcpic13@... or my fa cebook page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012216906794

Cheers!

Posted by: Raymond Sills

-----

Joe Blackburn

The Links in Marc's post are broken. Anyone in touch with Marc, or know if there is a new location for CHIP-12 and related material?

Paul Birkel

Joe Blackburn

Edited

Thanks, Paul!

Looks like it's all archived. The links are broken.

I found Marc on fb. Appears he went into politics in 2017, looks like he's "moved on". However, in looking at the archived page, the log showed that the coding was actually done by "Gilbert". I found a note saying that Marc's brother, Gilbert Bertrand was the originator.

Will try to see if Gilbert is online...

I've sent notes to Marc and Gilbert's last known emails. Will see if we get a response...

bill rowe

oh wow - I knew a Gil Bertrand in the 70's.  We worked together on a couple of 1802 projects.  If he's in Quebec I'm sure it's the same guy.

His brother got in touch with me a while ago and we planned to get together but it never happened.

On 2019-11-15 21:10, Bob Kay via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Best regards,
Marc

marcpic1802

Edited

Hello,
Yes, when you download the files, my original filename has been renamed with a randomized name for that file.
Sorry for this. I learned a couple days ago how I can have a free website using Google Drive and using a web site service call DriveToWeb.
The process of setting all this up took me about 3 minutes! There are of course Pros and Cons in this.
The downside? An ugly web address. DriveToWeb creates a randomized, anonymous identifier for accessing your site (mine is “8zoj6843y65xkydmxmtiba”).
This protects you so visitors won’t see your account name, but makes sharing difficult. The only people who’ll see your site are the ones you directly share the URL with.
I assure everyone that it's not my intention to have malicious files!
I have downloaded the CHIP16Files.zip and this is what I got: 158sQYjC22-ZcTpgkTCun2kw1b90KYgB1.zip
When I extracted it, it showed the CHIP16Files folder, clicking on the folder showed the 4 files:
CHIP16.EXE, DBUG16.EXE, CHIP-16 Debugger Instructions.doc and NEW CHIP16 Inst_1.doc
What I think DriveToWeb service does is it takes my files from my Google Drive and creates a random name file to download.
I have made a note on my website to advise people about this.
Thanks for pointing this out and sorry for the confusion it has caused!
Marc

P.S.
This is to answer Jeff Truck's concern. This is only a guess - since there are 2 DOS executable (EXE) files in the zip file, maybe that's why Chrome is flagging it as being 'suspicious'

Hans Liss

There is a way you can make it a little less scary: Calculate checksums of the files before uploading (MD5, SHA-something) and post the checksums whenever you post links. Then anyone who downloads the files can verify the checksums.

Best regards,

Hans

On 2019-11-15 23:19, marcpic13 via Groups.Io wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

[...]

Hi Hans (and everyone),
I received an email yesterday from Hank Riley and he suggested I create a cosmacelf folder.
I started uploading my files to it this morning.
Thanks,
Marc

Peter Renaud

It’s a small workd! I live in Gatineau as well! Secteur Touraine