From: Richard
To: cosmacelf@...
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2010 8:51 PM
Subject: [cosmacelf] Re: The EFA microcomputer in slo-mo

Looking at the schematic I already found the first thing to enhance. The clock circuit with the 555 timer can't generate much of a frequency. 100 kHz perhaps? Replacing it with a quartz oscillator would be easy, cheap and drastically improve the little computer's performance.

The question is what frequency you might choose. If you want to add a CDP1861 graphics chip you are stuck with the typical 1.78 MHz, else you might even go higher, theretically up to 3.2 MHz (assuming you have a CDP1802ACE).