1802 vs 1805/6

Magnus Kesselmark

Yo!

I was looking for cheap (surplus) components at small components shop here in Sweden when I spotted lots of COSMAC chips in the list. OF COURSE there was the 1802, which I just bought on eBay ...but also 1805/6. The latter has some extra functions like internal timers/counters and extra instruxctions.
My question is, is there any idea to grab an 1805/06 instead of the 1802 "just in case ..." or will the original 1802 do most (all) work brilliant w/o the extra frills and laces?

I'd be hoping to grab some latches/decoders and buffers as well as IC sockets for wiring, something I cannot find just like that here in Sweden any longer.

/Magnus