Re: Noob question: examine arbitrary memory address? #ELF #memory

joshbensadon

If changed to HC, then the 47K will work just fine.

From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of P Todd Decker via groups.io <ptdecker@...>
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 3:10 PM
To: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] Noob question: examine arbitrary memory address? #ELF #Memory

Should all the LS chips be replaced with HC?  And, if so, can the originally specified 47K resistor values be maintained?

---
P. Todd Decker
913-284-8814

On Sep 26, 2020, at 1:24 PM, Lee Hart <leeahart@...> wrote:

ca1naj610 wrote:
> Thanks, Lee for the suggestion to substitute a 74C10 for a 74LS10.
> Since many of us have 74HC chips, what would be the consequence of
> substituting a 74HC10 for the 74LS10?

Sure; a 74HC10 would work as well as the 74C10. I was just thinking of a vintage chip that would have been Elf-period correct, without having to rewire it for a 4023.

Lee

--
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is
       -- Antoine de Saint Exupery