From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of Tor-Eirik Lunde <teblunde@...>
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 7:57 AM
To: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] Noob question: examine arbitrary memory address? #ELF #Memory

Yeah... I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to electronics, so when it comes to faults I can just about figure out the logic of things.

Nice going on finding a fix for the errors in my ways. Will have to revisit the design once I get a semblance of a hobby workshop up and running again 😀

lør. 26. sep. 2020, 04:18 skrev David Schultz <david.schultz@...>:
On 9/25/20 8:46 PM, John Kennedy wrote:

> I unsoldered and replaced D6, D7 and the 74LS10.
> Interestingly the LOW signal at pin 10 of the 74LS10 is exactly as
> expected. However, when the chip is inserted, the logic probe won’t give
> a high or low - there’s a small voltage there. Where could it be coming
> from?

The 47K resistor in the wired-OR is great for CMOS logic but TTL, even
LS TTL, draws more current. A quick check of a data sheet shows input
current  when Vin=0.4V of -0.4mA. Which will create quite the voltage
drop on a 47K resistor.

You could lower that resistance but I can't help but be horrified by the
use of LS TTL with an 1802. 74HC or HCT if you must but please not LS.

--
http://davesrocketworks.com
David Schultz