Re: Noob question: examine arbitrary memory address? #ELF #memory

Lee Hart

joshbensadon wrote:
Everything is hard before it's easy. This is the exact problem I seem
to have at work... it takes me 4 hours to write up something that is
read in 4 minutes and the boss thinks I'm slacking off.
Ain't that the truth! I think we all suffer from it. We stare at what's in front of us, and assume that's the whole picture. But fail to look to the sides or consider the alternatives.

So often, we get tripped up by the stupid question that we failed to ask ourselves.

"Where did my tool go? I had it just before the phone rang. The kids must have taken it!" (Did you look by the phone?)

"Why isn't it working? It worked a minute ago!" (Did you accidentally unplug something?)

"I can't understand it. Everything checks out, but the voltage is still low." (Did you check the battery in your meter?)

"Of course I soldered all the connections!" (But did you actually check?)

What to call it... Tunnel vision? Confirmation bias? Stupid genius syndrome?

A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery