Re: Noob question: examine arbitrary memory address? #ELF #memory

joshbensadon

Greg,

Everything is hard before it's easy.  This is the exact problem I seem to have at work... it takes me 4 hours to write up something that is read in 4 minutes and the boss thinks I'm slacking off.

From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of gregory simmons via groups.io <gregorysimmons@...>
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 7:55 AM
To: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] Noob question: examine arbitrary memory address? #ELF #Memory

What amazes me is, when I finally figure out what a problem was, it seems so obvious that I don't understand why I didn't figure it out a lot sooner.  This seems to have been a pattern for me for decades.

On Saturday, September 19, 2020, 07:54:43 PM EDT, joshbensadon <jbensadon@...> wrote:

That's the spirit!  I do very much the same when trouble shooting.... turn stones, poke it with a stick, etc.  Besides, it's a great programming exercise.