Re: Noob question: examine arbitrary memory address? #ELF #memory

joshbensadon

That's the spirit!  I do very much the same when trouble shooting.... turn stones, poke it with a stick, etc.  Besides, it's a great programming exercise.

From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of John Kennedy <johntkennedy@...>
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 11:52 AM
To: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] Noob question: examine arbitrary memory address? #ELF #Memory

Yes, the CPU is running says the logic analyzer, and signals seem present. A friend is also building the exact same kit, so when that is complete and we can rule out more of my construction errors. In the meantime I might just try writing some code to try and generate data on the fly - i.e. a loop that does nothing but send out a ‘U’ would be very useful! I love puzzles like this.