From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of Ham Radio <bernard.murphy@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 10:34 PM
To: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] Noob question: examine arbitrary memory address? #ELF #Memory

Another Noob story (true)...nothing to do with 1802 but here it is anyway.

A whole team of engineers and designers spent weeks trying to figure out why a big telephone switch was crashing randomly.

They had logic analyzes, digital storage scopes, heat probes, power monitors, etc - all to no avail.

Finally, a manager with grey hair came in the telephone switch room with a small AM transistor radio.  The grey haired manager ran the transistor radio up and down the telephone switch racks for about five minutes.  Finally, he pointed to one card in one rack and said “change that card’.  Sure enough, that card was defective.  The young engineers were dumbfounded !!
Bernie Murphy