Re: COSMAC variants

wrcooke@...

On 09/16/2020 4:44 PM Dennis Boone <drb@...> wrote:

It's my impression that the difference between the CDP1802ACE and the
> CDP1802AE is just that the latter is rated to 6.4 MHz at 10 V and the
> former is spec-limited to 6.5 V; and that the difference between the
> AE and the AEX is just additional burn-in for the AEX.

> Correct?

I didn't comment on this before because I'm rather new to the 1802 and others are MUCH more qualified, but...
From my reading of the datasheets I concluded also that the "C" versions were rated only to 6 ish volts and the limited speed associated with that.
As for the "X" I have seen references to that (Wikipedia, maybe?) but I'm not certain.
Ok, clearly I'm off on my own here. Let's try a different question:

Is anyone using -AE or -AEX chips in Membership Cards or Elf builds?
Can't comment on this -- I have two "ACE" chips not yet used.

Will