Re: Noob question: examine arbitrary memory address? #ELF #memory

Lee Hart

From: John Kennedy <johntkennedy@gmail.com>
Thanks Herb!

I’ve been using your excellent pages for a few days now. And I’ve done exactly what you describe - first used the loop back, and then burned the IDIOT with variations into an ROM and tried them all. Loop back works, which gives me hope I’m on the right track and I’m just missing something - e.g. baud rates - and need to keep experimenting. Thanks!
A few hints with IDIOT that might help:

1. It was written in the days of teletypes, and so expects a low baud rate. Try 110, 300, or 1200 baud.

2. It expects 7-bit (not 8-bit) data.

3. Be sure your terminal program is not using hardware or software handshaking.

Lee

--
Excellence does not require perfection. -- Henry James