Re: Software serial and overclocked 1802's #microboards #system1

Lee Hart

Mark Moulding wrote:
Jameco is now selling some of the same fake remarked ICs that you
can get on ebay. I bought a batch of 32k RAMs from them that were
obviously re-marked, and all bad. Caveat emptor./

I hope you called them about this. Jameco is a family-owned company
(just down the street from me, in fact), and I've found that they are
quite responsive to customer feedback.
I did; and they refunded my money. But it caused extra grief, because I had shipped a couple to customers who found them bad.

I really wish that they'd re-spin their god-awful web site.
Agreed. Its search capability is pitiful, and it's hard to find things that I *know* they have because there are so many errors in their descriptions.

I too still use their paper catalog (which is great).

ICEs have the same problem as lightbulbs. Why innovate and make
better ones when the current ones burn out often enough to keep
you in business? -- Hunter Cressall