Re: Happy discovery

Magnus Kesselmark

THAT could be cool! I mean frame the computer and hang it on the wall but fully working. A remote kbd and a large display on the walled computer could do the trick!

/M

From: John
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] Happy discovery

Thanks Ian. That probably means I'll plug it into a socket and use it, rather than framing it and hanging it on the wall.

Best regards,

John

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019, 08:50 ian may via Groups.Io, <fps16xn3=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
With respect to the plastic packaged CDP1802ACE, the first 1802 data sheet to list a plastic package is dated 6/79 and states that it supersedes the 2/78 data sheet (which only lists a ceramic package). That likely means that the earliest plastic devices were made after 2/78 so the "549" on your chip probably indicates 1985 week 49. Regarding the numbers and letters on the underside, from my observations the letters after the leading "6" increment through the alphabet with time. They are not unique but their meaning remains unknown to me.
Cheers, Ian.

Virusfritt. www.avast.com