Re: Todd's ELF-ish gets some more I/O #ELF #Homebrew

taf123

Hi Lee -

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 11:12 AM, Lee Hart wrote:
That's a pretty powerful chip; both in calculating and in power
consumption. :-) It will take some work to adapt something like BASIC or
FORTH to use it for its math routines.
Yep, I'll have to figure out how to interact with it properly.  I'm slower at looking into the SW compared to the ever expanding HW.

There is a CMOS alternative. RCA made the CDP1855 multiply/divide unit.
It's less powerful than the 9511, but CMOS and part of the 1802 family.
They are hard to get, but I have one somewhere.
I also have some CDP1855's, which I'll probably add in here somewhere eventually.  I was originally going to use these when I stumbled over the AM9511.

In case I haven't mentioned it before, I'm mightily impressed by your
ELF-is computer. You have also spent as much time documenting it as
building it!
Thanks.  Hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have.

Regards,
Todd