Re: Mar1e gets (some) address LEDs #Homebrew #Electronics

David Madole

The 22K shouldn't go to the wiper, if it's wired like Paul's diagram. It should go to the terminal that connects to the RAM.

Maybe your circuit is a little different though.

The MAX232 is not "period correct"... don't do it! Just kidding. Kind of.

David

On April 10, 2019 5:08:23 PM John <easydogxray@...> wrote:

Thanks again for all the help. I can confirm;

There is no difference between the original circuit diagram and the one I called "Paul's design"
The DIP switch I added does exactly the same as leaving the MP switch in the active condition (why didn't I spot that?)
Adding the 22k pull-up between the switch wiper and +5v has fixed the problem. I can now flick the MP switch up and down without any unwanted writes to RAM.

Adding the address LEDs was worthwhile too. I can see where I am. I will sleep well tonight.

Next job is to wire the other DIP switches to A8, 9 and 10, make the new back apron with D connector cut-outs (maybe tomorrow), add the MAX232 and some ports.

I love this machine, and I only found out about it by chance while planning a SC/MP-based project.

John,

Nottingham

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 20:47, David Madole <david@...> wrote:

Ah ok, I was just replying to what John called it. I took a quick look at the schematic but I really didn’t read the history or other documentation with it to understand that.

It’s been 40 years since I’ve seen the magazine article so I have no idea any more what the original design looked like :)

David