From: David Madole
Sent: Apr 10, 2019 2:15 PM
To: "cosmacelf@groups.io"
Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] Mar1e gets (some) address LEDs

Paul’s design looks like it lets the /WE input on the RAM float during the short time that the MP switch is between breaking one side of the throw and making the other. I suppose this is fine if the /WE input on the RAM floats high but that’s probably not a good assumption, especially if you are not using the same RAM he did.

For the simplest fix, I would suggest tying /WE of the RAM high through a pull-up resistor (22K should be fine) to avoid this. Once you do that, you don’t really need a double-pole switch for MP either, but it won’t hurt.

David