Re: Fiddling with MSI88/e

A quick follow up. I did the above without the bottom RAM board in
the stack. When I attach all of the boards, then the little EF3->Q
mirror program works (somewhat--unshifted characters are not as
expected). Sadly, still no sign of life with the TMSI Basic+IDIOT/4
EPROM in place.

I don't know why the presence of the RAM board should have any effect.

Interestingly, I notice that after powerup, the clock doesn't seem
start up until the right-hand switch on the display board is
toggled.

On reassembling the unit, I "discovered" the label- ON/OFF :-)

Dave