Document signing with Corda #Corda

Suhas Chatekar

We are creating a state to represent an agreed contract between two parties. There is certain information that goes in the state and used to initiate/execute flows at a later time. However, at the time of contracting, traditionally, the two parties would have signed a number of different paper contracts. We would like to retain some part of that but turn it into a digital experience. So we were thinking of uploading the contract text in a file as an attachment to one of the nodes and include the file as an attachment to the transaction that creates the state. Since the transactions are signed by both parties using their keys, can this ideally replace traditional digital signatures e.g. one offered by docusign?