Corda on Java 11+

Lanfranco Morini

Hi All,

I’d like to have some news about what has been already discussed in the following threads

Corda running on Java 9 - Stack Overflow

CORDA-2050 Upgrade Corda to Java 11 (compatibility mode) by josecoll · Pull Request #5356 · corda/corda · GitHub

More in detail, we are working on a solution built using Corda and ISDA CDM.

Because of the end of public support for Java 8 by Oracle since January 2019, ISDA CDM migrated to Java 11; this means that we are not able to use Corda and CDM together.

Are there any updates about how and, overall, when Corda will be compatible with the newer LTS version of Java? Will it fully compatible with OpenJDK version (see new licensing terms from Oracle)?

Thanks a lot

Lan

Lanfranco Giuseppe Morini
Data Solutions Team Lead

APPLICATIONS

E  Lanfranco.Morini@...
+39 02 254427 1
M +39 347 7282717

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Manos Batsis

Hey Lan ,

You probably know this but, for thread's sake, Java8 support was brought back with CDM 2.116.0 and up, see https://docs.rosetta-technology.io/cdm/releases/all.html

Cheers,

Manos

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 2:09 PM Lanfranco Morini <lanfranco.morini@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Manos,

Yes I saw this, sorry for not recalling my email!

Best,

Lan