Membership

Barry Kreiser

Ivan,

Should a BNO be able to join its own Business Network?  Currently it gives an error if you initiate a RequestMembership Flow against yourself with the error (Do not provide flow sessions for the local node. FinalityFlow will record the notarised transaction locally.) .

Barry Kreiser | Director/CTO GuildOne Inc.

Suite 940 333-5th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3B6

Ivan Schasny

Hi Barry,

currently it's not supported, but it's on our backlog. There are two separate tasks: to allow BNO to be both operator and a member as well as to allow one BNO to operate multiple BNs. We haven't started to work on this yet though. As always - contributions are very welcome!

Regards,

Ivan Schasny | R3 | Solutions Engineer

2 London Wall Place, 12th Floor, London, EC2Y 5AU

M: +44 7904 873089

ivan.schasny@... | www.r3.com | www.corda.net

Should a BNO be able to join its own Business Network?  Currently it gives an error if you initiate a RequestMembership Flow against yourself with the error (Do not provide flow sessions for the local node. FinalityFlow will record the notarised transaction locally.) .

Barry Kreiser | Director/CTO GuildOne Inc.

Suite 940 333-5th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3B6

Barry Kreiser

Ok, thanks.  I submitted a PR for another membership issue if you want to have a look.  It wasn't allowing String to be used for the membership meta data.

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 8:25 AM Ivan Schasny via Groups.Io <Ivan.Schasny=r3.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Has there been any design dialog on the BNO being a member?  Seems to me that it doesn't make sense that the BNO request membership on itself.  Perhaps it implicitly a member?

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 9:18 AM Barry Kreiser via Groups.Io <barry=guild1.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Seems to me that if the BNO is implicitly a member of the BN then I can just modify the GetMembershipFlow to always include the BNO

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 9:21 AM Barry Kreiser via Groups.Io <barry=guild1.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

I guess an issue with implicitly making the BNO a member of the BN would be what membership meta data does it get?  Anyway, food for thought.

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 9:37 AM Barry Kreiser via Groups.Io <barry=guild1.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

That what I thought as well. Treating BNO as a member by default sounds like the simplest option, however then there is a question of ow to distribute its membership metadata?
I think issuing BNO with a regular membership should be the way forward. The membership itself can be just activated straight away.

Regards,

Ivan Schasny | R3 | Solutions Engineer

2 London Wall Place, 12th Floor, London, EC2Y 5AU

ivan.schasny@... | www.r3.com | www.corda.net

Should a BNO be able to join its own Business Network?  Currently it gives an error if you initiate a RequestMembership Flow against yourself with the error (Do not provide flow sessions for the local node. FinalityFlow will record the notarised transaction locally.) .

Barry Kreiser | Director/CTO GuildOne Inc.

Suite 940 333-5th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3B6

Barry Kreiser

Ivan,

See my PR #102.  It has a SelfIssueMembershipFlow and also fixes a regression from 2.0 to 3.0 dealing with using a String or other system classes for the membership meta data.

Thanks,