Re: Need to know on network map

Mike Hearn

Good question Barry!

The BNO membership service is push based, if I recall correctly. Maybe Ivan can comment further. Pushing data to nodes means if the BNO node goes offline for a while it doesn't matter, and because each node has the membership list, queries (e.g. to put access control on flows) can be done locally. So scaling and performance is good. It's somewhat network mappish. The downside is that, again, each node learns the members of the business networks they're in. This may not matter.

One upgrade would be to implement data distribution groups and then use those.

In future perhaps we can do something about query privacy by using SGX. Moxie Marlinspike has explored some of these issues in Signal.