Topics

PPW5.0.0

ruth cole

Sorry to be a pain but could someone direct me to the correct address to get help with installing PPW5 on Windows 10 please? I used to install older versions quite OK on previous versions of Photoshop but this has stumped me. Thankyou, Ruth Cole

Gerald Bakker

Ruth, the troubleshooting page for PPW:

Gerald Bakker
http://geraldbakker.nl

ruth cole

Thankyou Gerald, but that's the page I've been working from.At the paragraph titled 'Update November 24, 2019', where it mentions a link  'new installer', it returns a blank page, I will bet that's what I need but am at the proverbial brick wall! When I try to install {Win 10}, it results in the message 'PPW5 5.0.0  This installer requires PS ver. CC or later' My version says it's 21.0.3 release, recently downloaded. My head hurts! Ruth

bill bane

Ruth,

I just tried what did not work for you, and it worked for me. If you have one of the various virus/cookie/security protections enabled, it may be blocking you. Perhaps you might try a different browser. Or, even a different computer and move the file to your main computer via a thumb drive?

Bill Bane

-----Original Message-----
From: colortheory@groups.io [mailto:colortheory@groups.io] On Behalf Of ruth cole
Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 10:17 AM
To: colortheory@groups.io
Subject: Re: [colortheory] PPW5.0.0

Thankyou Gerald, but that's the page I've been working from.At the paragraph titled 'Update November 24, 2019', where it mentions a link 'new installer', it returns a blank page, I will bet that's what I need but am at the proverbial brick wall! When I try to install {Win 10}, it results in the message 'PPW5 5.0.0 This installer requires PS ver. CC or later' My version says it's 21.0.3 release, recently downloaded. My head hurts! Ruth

Gerald Bakker

Ruth, when you click that link "installer", your browser is supposed to start the download of a file called PPW_5_CC_112319.zip. If it doesn't, there is likely a popup blocker active or something similar. Try a different browser, or try to switch off the option that causes this behavior.
The installer error you get suggests that you are working with an old installer, which indeed did not work for Photoshop 2020.
--
Gerald Bakker
http://geraldbakker.nl

ruth cole

Gerald and Bill, it's installed as sweet as you like! Thanks to both, I look forward to exploring the panel. Ruth