Topics

Missing Book Shipments (3)

Dan Margulis

This is a reply to the three persons who have contacted us on and off-line about missing shipments to three different countries outside the U.S. Today I got tracking information from the printer. All three shipments still show “in transit” but there is obviously something wrong judging by the dates.

Apparently there is more cooperation between national postal services than there used to be. I can now, through the U.S. service, find out whether a package has been delivered in its destination country. A couple of years ago it could only be tracked to the point that it was turned over to the foreign service. For each of the affected countries I have tracked one other user and they all received their packages normally.

However, two of these three shipments definitely reached their destination country and I believe I will have limited success asking the U.S. postal service to search for them. So I would ask these two to see if their local postal service can assist in finding them using the indicated tracking numbers.

Here are the latest posted messagesI have on the three shipments. I surmise that the information on the first two is coming from the service of the destination country.

AUSTRALIA
Tracking: CJ499818584US
7 February 10:40 departed Sydney
7 February 12:58 Processed through Facility, AUSTRALIA
11 February 10:42 Missed delivery—Scheduled for another delivery attempt today.
11 February 10:47 Your item could not be deliverered on February 11 at 10:47 am in AUSTRALIA due to a missed delivery. It is scheduled for another delivery attempt today.

I hope they have not returned the package to the sender.

BELGIUM
Tracking: CJ499818638US
4 February 05:31: Customs clearance, Belgium
4 February 10:34: Departed
4 February 15:31 Held in Customs, Brussels European Mail Centre, Belgium
4 February 15:31 Your item was processed through a facility in BELGIUM on February 4, 2020 at 3:31 p.m. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Sounds to me like customs never released the package.

NETHERLANDS
Your item was processed through out SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on February 4, 2020 at 3:54 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Since this package apparently never left the United States I will initiate a search here

Sorry to those affected for this inconvenience.

Dan

Eric Loots

Hi Dan,

Thanks for sending feedback on this. Using the tracking number (and another piece information specific to my shipment), I was able to get the status of the shipment. It’s currently in the customs clearing process which can take 20-24 days (sic). That’s probably counting from the day the shipment arrived in the destination country. Conclusion: I’ll just have to wait a bit more.

Thanks!

Best regards, Eric

On Feb 24, 2020, at 4:10 PM, Eric Loots <eric.loots@...> wrote:

Thanks for sending feedback on this. Using the tracking number (and another piece information specific to my shipment), I was able to get the status of the shipment. It’s currently in the customs clearing process which can take 20-24 days (sic). That’s probably counting from the day the shipment arrived in the destination country. Conclusion: I’ll just have to wait a bit more.

In that case I will ask our Netherlands purchaser to see if the same thing may not be happening there. My indication was that the package was still in the United States but possibly it has made Schiphol customs without the U.S. system being aware of it. So, try this tracking number:
CJ499819151US

Dan Margulis