File /PiXimperfect - Vivid Light Sharpening.atn uploaded #file-notice


colortheory@groups.io Notification <noreply@...>
 

The following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the colortheory@groups.io group.

By: Hector Davila <amerphoto@...>

Description:
Here is a free sharpening action I found online...works good and looks interesting. Adjust the Blur. Maybe it can be improved on. Hector Davila


Gerald Bakker
 

I downloaded this action into Photoshop. Then I opened a random image and compared its result (blur radius 2.0) with an application of USM, 100%, 2.0, 0. To be honest, I had a hard time seeing any difference at all.
Is your experience different? Does this action have an advantage over USM, and if so, for which type of images?
--
Gerald Bakker
https://geraldbakker.nl


Henry Davis
 

Since I'm happy with the techniques I use I haven’t looked into this. But, I am curious if there is anything about it that informs the user that the intended output is an important factor to be considered.

Henry Davis

On Oct 18, 2021, at 3:02 PM, Gerald Bakker <gc.bakker@hccnet.nl> wrote:

I downloaded this action into Photoshop. Then I opened a random image and compared its result (blur radius 2.0) with an application of USM, 100%, 2.0, 0. To be honest, I had a hard time seeing any difference at all.
Is your experience different? Does this action have an advantage over USM, and if so, for which type of images?
--
Gerald Bakker
https://geraldbakker.nl


Hector Davila
 

There is a demonstration here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IujZ_RJ61w

Hector Davila

On 10/18/2021 2:01 PM, Henry Davis wrote:
Since I'm happy with the techniques I use I haven’t looked into this. But, I am curious if there is anything about it that informs the user that the intended output is an important factor to be considered.

Henry Davis


Henry Davis
 

Thanks Hector. The stubborn me still prefers handmade masking and ‘erase painting' over most of the push-button approaches - but I’m not usually in much of a hurry.

Henry Davis

On Oct 25, 2021, at 1:00 PM, Hector Davila <amerphoto@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

There is a demonstration here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IujZ_RJ61w

Hector Davila

On 10/18/2021 2:01 PM, Henry Davis wrote:
Since I'm happy with the techniques I use I haven’t looked into this. But, I am curious if there is anything about it that informs the user that the intended output is an important factor to be considered.

Henry Davis