Topics

Can PPW 5 be installed in Photoshop 2021? How?

bill_iverson_washington

Can PPW 5 be installed in Photoshop 2021, and if so how?  There was a flurry of messages last October under the Topic What Photoshop 2021 Means for the PPW Panel.  But that didn't come to any clear answer that I could see, and the roundabout installation method discussed seemed likely to install PPW 4.  Obviously, in my dreams I'd like to just download the Nov. 23, 2015 "installer" for PPW 5 and use it to install PPW 5 in my Photoshop 2021 (currently v. 22.1.0). But I have the sense that won't work ....

Jim Sanderson

Yes, at least on my Windows 10 desktop. I had to do it manually per the installation instructions, but it works fine.  The automated installer did not work.

Jim Sanderson

, with purpose and great thought.

On Jan 10, 2021, at 6:59 AM, bill_iverson_washington <bill@...> wrote:

Can PPW 5 be installed in Photoshop 2021, and if so how?  There was a flurry of messages last October under the Topic What Photoshop 2021 Means for the PPW Panel.  But that didn't come to any clear answer that I could see, and the roundabout installation method discussed seemed likely to install PPW 4.  Obviously, in my dreams I'd like to just download the Nov. 23, 2015 "installer" for PPW 5 and use it to install PPW 5 in my Photoshop 2021 (currently v. 22.1.0). But I have the sense that won't work ....

Adrian Thompson

I managed it as well on Windows 10.

On 10 Jan 2021, at 15:19, Jim Sanderson via groups.io <Epeorusjim@...> wrote:

Yes, at least on my Windows 10 desktop. I had to do it manually per the installation instructions, but it works fine.  The automated installer did not work.

Jim Sanderson

, with purpose and great thought.

On Jan 10, 2021, at 6:59 AM, bill_iverson_washington <bill@...> wrote:

Can PPW 5 be installed in Photoshop 2021, and if so how?  There was a flurry of messages last October under the Topic What Photoshop 2021 Means for the PPW Panel.  But that didn't come to any clear answer that I could see, and the roundabout installation method discussed seemed likely to install PPW 4.  Obviously, in my dreams I'd like to just download the Nov. 23, 2015 "installer" for PPW 5 and use it to install PPW 5 in my Photoshop 2021 (currently v. 22.1.0). But I have the sense that won't work ....

Doug Schafer

I have a similar question....but first an answer...Yes, it does work (PPWv5 in Ps2021) if you have PPWv5 operating OK in Ps previous version (Ps2020); then when install the newer Ps ver (Ps2021) tell it to import prev. ver. extensions and PPWv5 will work OK in new install....but be sure if on a 4K screen you don't set windows ease of access 'display' more than 100%, or panel contents will be too large and unusable.....you can change ease of access display + or - anytime (live, no restart, just "apply")...so leave at 120% for general PC use, but switch to 100% when using Ps 2021, then back to 120% when Ps work done.

But, I did not know that, and now have accidentally PPWv4 in Ps2020 and Ps2021 (in process of installing Ps2021)  PPWv5 now won't install in either Ps2020 or mPs2021...so I have the same question...how to install (auto or manually) PPWv5 in both Ps2020 and newest Ps2021???

Doug Schafer

Jim Sanderson

I wish I could help you. I just followed the manual instructions and it installed fine.

On Jan 10, 2021, at 8:51 AM, k_d@... wrote:

[...]

jorgeparraphotography

Edited

Hello gang. I have a different question related to the subject, given I had the panel installed in 2020 so it came nicely into 2021,, so no troubles here, but I really got curious about the VARIANTS MANAGER offered in the Pull Down Menu of the PPW as a paid update, to generate several variants from any image, with the option to choose whether to generate a different document for each variant or stack them in layers, which seems to be the right way to go for proper evaluation, after the summer challenges.

When I go to the site

https://cc-extensions.com/products/variantsmanager/

I read the "coming soon" version is for CC 2018, and it is not ready (?) but no more clues about how to get the extension or if it would work in 2021 so I am curious if anyone has already used it and how good it is. I understand this may not be a Margulis project, but I ask since I got there from the panel.

thanks
--
Jorge Parra
www.jJorgeParraPhotography.com

Davide Barranca

Hi Jorge,
Variants Manager is a project by Giuliana Abbiati (the one and only PPW developer).
I've hosted that on my website CC-Extensions – which by the way I've rewritten from scratch and should go live in the following days/weeks – because it was in an advanced state of production, Giuliana did work _a lot_ on that so she was very understandably eager to release it. At the moment, with UXP around the corner, I'm not sure of the plans for VM (which is a CEP product by the way).
Cheers,

Davide Barranca

Cicero Rodrigues

If this question has been answered, my apologies.

This worked for me:

Download the PPWv5 extension files and unzip them.

Copy the folder content into the correct folder for your Creative Cloud version. You have to create the folder if it does not exist.
Screenshot 2021-02-19 185903.jpg
If you have Photoshop CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.5, CC 2017 or above:
Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/
Windows x64: C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/CEP/extensions/
Windows x32: C:/Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/CEP/extensions/

If you have Photoshop CC:
Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/extensions/
Windows x64: C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/extensions/
Windows x32: C:/Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/extensions/

Restart Photoshop. You will find extension at Window > Extensions > extension_name.

Cicero Rodrigues Fotógrafo
Cel (21) 99974-4720
www.cicerorodrigues.com.br