From the Pressroom

Dan Margulis

To all those doubters, I can report that the presses are in fact running today, and I just okayed the pressrun for the cover, along with four of the fifteen 32-page forms that are already off press. From this, I think it is a fair assumption to say that there really will be a new book available in two to three weeks.

Assuming that the pressmen do not kill me, and right now we are getting along swimmingly, there will be more news in the very near future.

Dan Margulis

Frederick Yocum

Are you going through the night? Did you bring your knitting? Apparently one of my predecessors took a sewing machine in and commandeered one offices at our printers to do a little dress work between spreads on one particularly long overnight run.

regards,
Frederick Yocum

On Feb 19, 2013, at 5:25 PM, Dan Margulis wrote:

Assuming that the pressmen do not kill me, and right now we are getting along swimmingly, there will be more news in the very near future.

Steve Jenkins <sj9000@...>

Dan,

Awaiting your prose, which is always a good read and enlightening, with anticipation. Glad the pressrun's going well. So, exactly how many pages is this latest tome? And why can't I find any "press release" info about it? Pretty cagey. ;-) Best of luck -- take care.

Steve

To all those doubters, I can report that the presses are in fact running today, and I just okayed the pressrun for the cover, along with four of the fifteen 32-page forms that are already off press. From this, I think it is a fair assumption to say that there really will be a new book available in two to three weeks.

Assuming that the pressmen do not kill me, and right now we are getting along swimmingly, there will be more news in the very near future.

Michael King

Dan,

Is this link still a good overview of the book? Can't wait.

http://www.weteachthecoolstuff.com/dan-margulis/

Txs in advance for bringing the book and the panel to reality.

Mike King

On 19 February 2013 23:58, Steve Jenkins <sj9000@...> wrote:

**

Dan,

Awaiting your prose, which is always a good read and enlightening, with
anticipation. Glad the pressrun's going well. So, exactly how many pages is
this latest tome? And why can't I find any "press release" info about it?
Pretty cagey. ;-) Best of luck -- take care.

Steve

To all those doubters, I can report that the presses are in fact running
today, and I just okayed the pressrun for the cover, along with four of the
fifteen 32-page forms that are already off press. From this, I think it is
a fair assumption to say that there really will be a new book available in
two to three weeks.

Assuming that the pressmen do not kill me, and right now we are getting
along swimmingly, there will be more news in the very near future.

Hector Davila

The best part about Dan's books is it's not about Photoshop, it's
about...Experiences. A lot of airline pilots have the knowledge to fly
an airplane, but don't have the ...experience to keep themselves from
crashing their airplane if something goes wrong.
Dan is an experienced pilot you wanna have next you flying. Know wat i
mean?

The first place everyone in the world is going to be looking for his new
book is Amazon. I hope Dan has a web page there in case...

Hector Davila

On 2/19/2013 3:58 PM, Steve Jenkins wrote:

Dan,

Awaiting your prose, which is always a good read and enlightening,
with anticipation. Glad the pressrun's going well. So, exactly how
many pages is this latest tome? And why can't I find any "press
release" info about it? Pretty cagey. ;-) Best of luck -- take care.

Steve

To all those doubters, I can report that the presses are in fact
running today, and I just okayed the pressrun for the cover, along
with four of the fifteen 32-page forms that are already off press.
From this, I think it is a fair assumption to say that there really
will be a new book available in two to three weeks.

Assuming that the pressmen do not kill me, and right now we are
getting along swimmingly, there will be more news in the very near future.

dbernaerdt

No wonder the clouds parted and the sun shone today. Congrats on this milestone. I know many people are looking forward to this book, myself certainly included.

Darren Bernaerdt

On 2013-02-19, at 2:25 PM, Dan Margulis <DMargulis@...> wrote:

To all those doubters, I can report that the presses are in fact running today, and I just okayed the pressrun for the cover, along with four of the fifteen 32-page forms that are already off press. From this, I think it is a fair assumption to say that there really will be a new book available in two to three weeks.

Assuming that the pressmen do not kill me, and right now we are getting along swimmingly, there will be more news in the very near future.

I wrote,

Assuming that the pressmen do not kill me, and right now we are getting along swimmingly, there will be more news in the very near future.
I thank those who have responded and I will post a reply in due course. At the moment I am becoming tired and cranky. By and large things are going well, but it has by no means been pain-free, as some difficulties have arisen on the color management front. Fortunately everyone remains in good cheer.

We have completed six of fifteen signatures, plus cover. But, the devil never sleeps, so why should I?

Dan Margulis

Andy Adams

Cool. Can't wait to get my order in.

Andy Adams

--- In colortheory@..., Dan Margulis <DMargulis@...> wrote:

To all those doubters, I can report that the presses are in fact running today, and I just okayed the pressrun for the cover, along with four of the fifteen 32-page forms that are already off press. From this, I think it is a fair assumption to say that there really will be a new book available in two to three weeks.

Assuming that the pressmen do not kill me, and right now we are getting along swimmingly, there will be more news in the very near future.

Dan Margulis

Laurentiu Todie

Congratulations!
It looks like a good time to say: the reward for hard work (writing/layout) is more work (press proofing).

On Feb 19, 2013, at 5:25 PM, Dan Margulis wrote:

To all those doubters, I can report that the presses are in fact running today, and I just okayed the pressrun for the cover, along with four of the fifteen 32-page forms that are already off press. From this, I think it is a fair assumption to say that there really will be a new book available in two to three weeks.

Assuming that the pressmen do not kill me, and right now we are getting along swimmingly, there will be more news in the very near future.

Dan Margulis
Laurentiu Todie
lt@...

Henry Davis

Hmmm . . . once again a principal mission of color management has
succeeded.

Henry

On Feb 19, 2013, at 8:25 PM, Dan Margulis wrote:
<Snip>
By and large things are going well, but it has by no means been pain-
free, as some difficulties have arisen on the color management
front. Fortunately everyone remains in good cheer._

Jim Bean

dan wrote,

Assuming that the pressmen do not kill me, and right now we are getting
along swimmingly,..We have completed six of fifteen signatures, plus cover.
But the devil never sleeps, so why should I? ( I thought all these years
that dan was the devil..jb)

As a group we need to pitch in and purchase the poor pressmen a case of
their favorite beverage. can you imagine the grief they are enduring to work
with such a taskmaster.

After buying an initial copy online, I am going to hold out for a second
'collector's edition that includes the master's editorial comments and
autograph ..

looking forward to another classic,

jim bean, flatland photographer

Laurentiu Todie

On Feb 20, 2013, at 3:15 PM, Jim Bean wrote:

As a group we need to pitch in and purchase the poor pressmen a case of
their favorite beverage
1969 Press Wash

Laurentiu Todie
lt@...