fixing moire

Carey

I have placed 2 images in the photo's folder, a before and a after of moire on fabric. I fixed the image in photoshop, it is a simple fix. I will post a more difficult image to fix if there is enough interest. So before I post how I fixed this image have some fun trying to fix it yourself.

folder: Digital Back moire

Carey Riddell

richieljordan <rjordan@...>

Paint using color mode?

--- In colortheory@..., "carey-r@..." <carey-r@...> wrote:

I have placed 2 images in the photo's folder, a before and a after of moire on fabric. I fixed the image in photoshop, it is a simple fix. I will post a more difficult image to fix if there is enough interest. So before I post how I fixed this image have some fun trying to fix it yourself.

folder: Digital Back moire

Carey Riddell

Andrew Webb <andrew@...>

I know! I know! (hopping up and down)

/webb

Andrew Webb

Serious Retouching & Color
303.819.0480
--------------------------------------

On Feb 10, 2012, at 9:17 PM, carey-r@... arranged some pixels so they looked like this:

I have placed 2 images in the photo's folder, a before and a after of moire on fabric. I fixed the image in photoshop, it is a simple fix. I will post a more difficult image to fix if there is enough interest. So before I post how I fixed this image have some fun trying to fix it yourself.

folder: Digital Back moire

Carey Riddell

marshyswamp71 <samarsh@...>

Years ago Dan came up with a very good method to fix luminosity moiré. Colour component is easy, Lightness/Luminosity is not so easy. I made this into to an action to semi-automate the task (some user inspection and decision is required at key points).

I would like to see how different methods compare on tougher L moiré!

So yes, bring on the moiré challenge...

Stephen Marsh

--- In colortheory@..., "carey-r@..." <carey-r@...> wrote:

I have placed 2 images in the photo's folder, a before and a after of moire on fabric. I fixed the image in photoshop, it is a simple fix. I will post a more difficult image to fix if there is enough interest. So before I post how I fixed this image have some fun trying to fix it yourself.

folder: Digital Back moire

Carey Riddell

Carey

I have placed a video on my site (no wise cracks about the site I started 3 years ago but never finished : )

http://colourwork.ca/training_movies/moire/Movie_01.html

--- In colortheory@..., "carey-r@..." <carey-r@...> wrote:

I have placed 2 images in the photo's folder, a before and a after of moire on fabric. I fixed the image in photoshop, it is a simple fix. I will post a more difficult image to fix if there is enough interest. So before I post how I fixed this image have some fun trying to fix it yourself.

folder: Digital Back moire

Carey Riddell

Michael Demyan <mdemyan@...>

Carey - Thank you for the excellent presentation. Web site aside. :o)

Mike Demyan

I have placed a video on my site (no wise cracks about the site I started 3 years ago but never finished : )

http://colourwork.ca/training_movies/moire/Movie_01.html

--- In colortheory@..., "carey-r@..." <carey-r@...> wrote:

> I have placed 2 images in the photo's folder, a before and a after of moire on fabric. I fixed the image in photoshop, it is a simple fix. I will post a more difficult image to fix if there is enough interest. So before I post how I fixed this image have some fun trying to fix it yourself.
>
> folder: Digital Back moire
>

> Carey Riddell

dbernaerdt

Carey,

Thank you for posting your tutorial. Definitely faster than the LAB/Apply Image technique for this type of moiré.

I added a couple more images to the album you created. They are 100% crops of raw files. They show varying degrees of moiré in all three RGB channels. Have you found a solution other than the LAB/Apply Image technique for these types of images? Once selections are required, that's where I have found my workflow takes a serious dent in productivity.

Cheers,
Darren Bernaerdt

--- In colortheory@..., "carey-r@..." <carey-r@...> wrote:

I have placed a video on my site (no wise cracks about the site I started 3 years ago but never finished : )

http://colourwork.ca/training_movies/moire/Movie_01.html

--- In colortheory@..., "carey-r@" <carey-r@> wrote:

I have placed 2 images in the photo's folder, a before and a after of moire on fabric. I fixed the image in photoshop, it is a simple fix. I will post a more difficult image to fix if there is enough interest. So before I post how I fixed this image have some fun trying to fix it yourself.

folder: Digital Back moire

Carey Riddell

Carey

I posted my quick fix for these, take a look

On 2012-02-15, at 1:06 AM, dbernaerdt wrote:

Carey,

Thank you for posting your tutorial. Definitely faster than the LAB/Apply Image technique for this type of moir.

I added a couple more images to the album you created. They are 100% crops of raw files. They show varying degrees of moir in all three RGB channels. Have you found a solution other than the LAB/Apply Image technique for these types of images? Once selections are required, that's where I have found my workflow takes a serious dent in productivity.

Cheers,
Darren Bernaerdt

--- In colortheory@..., "carey-r@..." <carey-r@...> wrote:

I have placed a video on my site (no wise cracks about the site I started 3 years ago but never finished : )

http://colourwork.ca/training_movies/moire/Movie_01.html

--- In colortheory@..., "carey-r@" <carey-r@> wrote:

I have placed 2 images in the photo's folder, a before and a after of moire on fabric. I fixed the image in photoshop, it is a simple fix. I will post a more difficult image to fix if there is enough interest. So before I post how I fixed this image have some fun trying to fix it yourself.

folder: Digital Back moire

Carey Riddell

Andrew Webb <andrew@...>

Sorry, this was supposed to be off-list. Oy.

On Feb 14, 2012, at 1:02 PM, Andrew Webb arranged some pixels so they looked like this: