Re: Color settings and upgrades

Bob Smith <rmsmith@...>

Chris Murphy wrote:

You want a new computer anyway. Anything you get today will come with Mac
OS 9, and run Photoshop 6 so much faster than the 7100 making it worth
it.
Just for example... I've spent the last couple of days moving from an aging
and heavily upgraded 7600 to a G4 with twin 450's. A 120MB CMYK layered
Photoshop file opened in 1 minute, 40 seconds on the G3 powered 7600. It
opens in a little under a minute on my 400mhz G3 Powerbook. It opens in 6
seconds on the G4. That's a pretty damn serious performance improvement for
about $2500.

Bob Smith