Color settings and upgrades

gowens01@...

I'll start with a question. I just upgraded my Mac to OS 8.1 (I've
hesitated upgrading to 8.6 and 9.0 because I read that there were
conflicts with Photoshop). I have both 5.0 and 5.5 in the computer
and have set them to emulate the color settings for Photoshop 4.0. If
I calibrate my monitor with Colorsync will I have a conflict with my
photoshop settings?

I've just read Mr. Margulis article in the December 2000 issue of
Electronic Publishing about upgrades. I would like to upgrade to
photoshop 6.0 but as I mentioned before I'm still operating on 8.1
and if I would upgrade to 9.0 come January it will be time to upgrade
to OS X. I'm running a 7100/80 Mac. I will have to buy a new computer
to use OS X. And if I upgrade to Photshop 6.0 it will not be native
to OS X. And Photoshop hasn't said anything about a native upgrade
for OS X.

Thank you for your articles in Electronic Publishing Mr. Margulis. I
did follow your instructions to get Photoshop 5.0 to emulate the 4.0
color setting.

Gary Owens