blue/green screens

Andrew Engelhardt

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any experience shooting or dealing with images that have been shot against a blue screen? We have to try to facilitate a high volume of single product images with clipping paths in a fairly fast turn-around time and we're looking at how to speed up the process of getting paths on everything. We're hoping that the blue or green screen background might help either Photoshop or another program like Mask Pro with creating a path quickly and accurately. These are files that will be repurposed for a bunch of different uses from all kinds of printing conditions to web use, thus the paths on just about everything. The only problem we can think of so far is when the colour of the product is close to that of the background. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew Engelhardt
Digital Prepress & Imaging
Marketing Dept.