Re: High Andes: Results

Robert S Baldassano

Mine is 1005, and it looks quite different than the others. I was trying to accomplish 2 things. First I want the color of the face to come close to matching  Inca  natives that I had photographed a few years ago in Peru where I had contact with children, and older people, all who could trace their Inca ancestry. My second goal was to capture the saturated colors of the clothing I saw the people wear while there. I started with this image in Nikon NX  Studio where I had full access to all the Nikon Camera settings. Once I was happy with that result, I moved the image to PS2021 and the PPW panel and then applied the 2015  face recipe that in the LAB Color Ver 2 book. In looking back my A& B numbers in this file are higher, though in the same ratios I found in the other photos I mentioned, as they were  numbers like 15 A, 17b, 16A, 17B, 12 A, 12B, 21A, 20B and in the 1005 file the numbers are much higher. I am happy with the clothing saturation which is certainly more so than PAR and many of the other images submitted. I think in that area I am true to the colorful costumes people wear in Peru. I think I need some time to compare what I have done to the others and see how my A&B numbers compare. Some of the faces seem to be too Caucasian to me, but did I push my face color too far?

Robert S Baldassano

Sent from Mail for Windows 10