Re: Shasta: Results

Dan Margulis

On Mar 29, 2021, at 2:16 PM, Jim Sanderson via groups.io <Epeorusjim=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I found the Shasta image more difficult than the Pagoda picture from last week.
I have posted five alternate par images, based on changes made to our entries that I will describe in a subsequent post. They are numbered #932-936. Comments on these are welcome before or after I describe how they were made.

Also, if I were doing this again, not only would I make one version for the foreground and a second for the background, but a third where I put more contrast into the background than I would possibly want. Doing this would enable me to be more conservative in my first “real” try for the background, knowing that I could always pep it up later.

That third version would also be useful to those of you who are dissatisfied with the punch of your background. So I did one quickly and have posted it as #931. I will explain how it was done in a later post.

The five alternates and this auxiliary file can be downloaded as a package in our Files section:
040121_Shasta_alt-pars.zip

They are also found in the Photos folder for this exercise.