Re: Choir: Results

Kent Sutorius

Mine is 708. I thought this image might be from Italy so I made the dresses a Milano Red - darker than traditional red 😁

Kent Sutorius

On 3/15/2021 7:04 AM, Dan Margulis via groups.io wrote:
I’ve posted the results of the Choir exercise, the seventh in a series of 11 case studies.

Reviewing: We have 34 entries. Most people also submitted a list of their steps, thanks very much. I haven’t read these, because I’d rather get a sense of who was successful and who wasn’t before investigating why.

The files don’t have people’s names on them, and were random-generator numbered from #701 to #734. As with past studies, we also have a “par” version, #735. To get it, I chose five that I thought were among the best entrants, and averaged them, each one weighted 20%. This often creates a version that is superior to most if not all of its parents.

Normally I don't comment on results for two days after they're posted. Meanwhile, if you’d like to know how your own version stacked up, download the par version and compare the two directly. Do you think you got the same kind of quality? If not, I hope you’ll find further discussion useful.

The Folder is in the group's Photos section, 2021 Case Study: Choir

I also have zipped all 35 entries and uploaded a file to our Files section,
Search for 031521_Choir_entries.zip
If you are going to study these versions I strongly encourage you to download these files. Many of these entrants vary only in a minor way and it is hard to see the impact of a change without toggling back and forth between them.

I look forward to your comments.

Dan Margulis

P.S. Our next case study will be announced today, look for a separate post.