Re: King of Beasts: Results

Gerald Bakker

Mine is 621. I think it belongs to the better half this time, but I missed at least one thing: the more saturated, orange manes. In the original the color difference is clearly visible, but somewhere during my processing (probably blend-if on a color boost layer) this got lost. Well, always something to learn.

I think this is a typical PPW image. There is a strong blue cast that must be fixed. A green blend works well to bring out detail. Color boost as the original is way too dull. I didn't do not much local correction this time. As Dan says, it's one of the easier exercises.

Among my favorites are 603, 609, 617, 626 and the par. But there are many more good versions.
--
Gerald Bakker
https://geraldbakker.nl