Re: Beach at Sunset: Dan's comments

Bill Theis

I am very very happy that I didn't get comments that the woman's skin was "swarthy" this time, only unconvincing due to clunky hair.  I can live with that.  I was convinced that she was backlit and that we are seeing that dark side with no reason to expect it being artificially illuminated by a big thunderhead in a clear sky.  I did dodge the upper arm and leg since I felt the light should be coming from her front and perhaps above.  All in all a very good exercise and I agree with Dan's choices for par which make for a great comparison along with all the other versions from everyone.  Thanks.