Re: Beach at Sunset: Results #case-study-results

John Furnes

Mine is #405

I reckoned that since this is somewhere by the Mediterranean , there would be very little light left at 9 PM that could light up the scene, not to mention the back of the woman. The sun is already below the horizon. So I went for darkness.

I removed most of the noise in RAW, and went for PS.

I did something Dan says we shouldn’t, namely I tried to dampen the sharp lights of the background sky, i.e. cloned a bit around.

Otherwise I went for Lab and adjustments in a and b, adjusted for too much colour, brought it back to RGB, and finished with USM.

I think the PAR version makes it look like it was daytime, which it isn’t.

John Furnes