Re: Your Phone Wasn’t Built for the Apocalypse

B Rowland

Well, the phone,or dslr, these days, can deduce a LOT about a scene, much more than the "grey point" of light meters of 'my day' ;-) , so that one has a relatively good chance of not having breh snow or a breh black cat, and mot cameras, or phones, with electronic viewfinders, can provide real time images that reflect changes in white balance, colour temperature, exposure compensation, et al, so that the photographer's 'intent' can be pretty accurately rendered...not deduced or presumed, of course ;-)

On September 12, 2020 4:49:10 AM GMT+02:00, Henry Davis <davishr@...> wrote:
I hear you, but that applies to film cameras, no?  Really, I agree - but somebody’s going to say it.

Henry Davis

On Sep 11, 2020, at 7:26 PM, kirkthibault via groups.io <kirkthibault@...> wrote:

No matter how smart or artificially intelligenced a camera is or will be, it will not be able to predict the intent of the person operating it. It is like a camera’s meter that attempts to read middle gray without knowing what it is pointing at when the reading is taken, causing snow and a black cat look gray.

Kirk Thibault

View/Reply Online (#32270): https://groups.io/g/colortheory/message/32270
Group Owner: colortheory+owner@groups.io