Playing with color and shadows to remove 3D perception in living sculptures

jorgeparraphotography

Gang, I may of course be wrong about the relevance of this link, but it really got my attention how this painter has been working with sets and people whom she paints with certain colors, mostly to either emulate or contrast with the background colors,
and the end result is a painted set with people posing inside the seats but the images look totally 2 dimensional. The Artis claims she has been working on this matter, remove tridimensionality to her work while working on 3D scenarios.

IMHO, there is an interesting interplay with colors so the standard "3D feel" of a normal studio set gets reduced to look like a painting or a photo before capture. In some of her work the process is just visually incredible.

So I wonder if the color experts may have a say as to what is really going on here, since it may have interesting application for some photo and video projects, and of course, creative retouching, where color will be king.

here is the link to the website and a comment in Wired News I read recently.

https://www.wired.com/story/alexa-meade-art/

She claims that she is making the shadows stronger and the highlights brighter in order to flatten the image, and that got my curiosity instantly, since this is counter to "digital logic" in terms of retouching. or is it not?

Interestingly, her project has got the attention of Google and other tech parties who are now collaborating into expanding this color interplay to more digital applications into Augmented Reality and VR, and to me , it is all an interesting interplay of colors.

Here is her website

https://www.alexameade.com

Opinions ?

Cheers!