From: Gerald Bakker <gc.bakker@...>
To: colortheory@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Aug 25, 2020 12:36 pm
Subject: [colortheory] New version 3a of MMM Finetuned

Someone in Italy reported that he experienced an error in the latest MMM Finetuned action (version 3). The root cause of this error appeared to be an action step that assumed a channel name "Color Layer Mask copy". The person used an Italian Photoshop version in which that channel had a different name ("Color Layer Maschera copia").

I fixed the problem by overwriting the channel name by something different and using that in the remainder of the action. Presumably this very problem occurs in more foreign-language Photoshop versions, so many people may be helped by this fix.
In addition to this, I decided to remove the extra Surface Blur step that I introduced in version 3. The idea behind this extra step was to do some additional color noise removal, but some users complained about long execution times - after all, I don't think it was worth it. The difference in execution time is indeed well noticeable.

The new action plus documentation is downloadable from the Files section: https://groups.io/g/colortheory/files/MMM%20Finetuned%20version%203a
- or from my website: https://geraldbakker.nl/tutorials-actions/actions.html

Gerald Bakker
http://geraldbakker.nl