Re: Seated in Grass: Comments on individual versions

Doug Schafer

James, regarding the freckles,

Since Dan mentioned mine, # 1019 regarding facial freckle reduction (without retouching such as healing brush or freq-sep), I was able to "clean-up" freckles a bit to what you see, using ACR. I reduced clarity and texture a little....in this case, less than you might, because we were not allowed to apply sharpening later.  Sometimes a little dehaze helps. It is a juggling act between all three to find a good solution....sometimes only 1 slider yields best results. In general, these work well on faces in a portrait.
And sometimes you need a mask to prevent poor results in another area or to only apply to your area(s) of importance; especially if you go the other way and add + to any or all of these sliders; which will make freckles or blemishes look worse.
I still thought mine looked a bit blotchy; but Irish skin can be that way.
I also reduced the darkness in her neck, next to the white under shirt; but nobody seemed to notice or care.  I look for any small things that might detract.

Doug Schafer