Re: Seeking Clarification of Procedure for Averaging Images

Rick Gordon

I haven't experimented yet, but I have a hunch that masks made from the L, and maybe even the a* and b* of a standard deviation stack rendering, maybe auto toned or maybe not, might offer some intriguing possibilities, maybe somewhat analogous to what can be done with auto toned difference masks.

Even the a* and b* channels of a standard deviation stack rendering show the contours of objects in ways that I bet, used as masks, could lead to some interesting results.

I've got to check that out.

Rick Gordon

On July 9, 2020 at 4:17:35 PM [-0700], Thomas Hurd,md Via Groups.io wrote in an email entitled "Re: [colortheory] Seeking Clarification of Procedure for Averaging Images":
I expected a bit more from standard deviation.
RICK GORDON
EMERALD VALLEY GRAPHICS AND CONSULTING
WWW: http://www.shelterpub.com