Re: Panama 1978: results

James Gray

Very interesting.  I was very pleasantly surprised by how well it worked.  Based on my experience, DeNoise AI seems optimized for use on digital files straight out of a digital camera.  On scans of my old slides it often does not work very well.  I sure did not see what you seem to have found.

James Gray

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 10:34 PM jwlimages via groups.io <jwlimages=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 06:35 PM, James Gray wrote:
I Used Topaz DeNoise AI to get rid of texture.
Hi James,

I played around with DeNoise AI also, and was quite disappointed. It seemed to work reasonably well on parts of the image, then not at all in other areas. Had to run it multiple times on different layers, then blend after the fact - very frustrating! In fact I think I saw similar results on a couple entries - wait a minute, the image has the texture suppressed here but not there? If this is AI, then it has more to learn.

John Lund