From: colortheory@groups.io <colortheory@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Margulis via groups.io
Sent: 30. juni 2020 22:39
To: colortheory@groups.io
Subject: Re: [colortheory] Panama 1978: results

On Jun 30, 2020, at 2:29 PM, John Furnes <johnfurnes@...> wrote:

I am 714, and can now see how blue it is.

Cyan, really, but you don’t have to see it, you can measure it, just as James could measure the magenta cast in his #721,

#1 stone in wall, to left of child’s knee

EXPECTED: possibly 0a0b, more probably positive in both A and B and approximately equal, but a lot of variation due to people wanting to incorporate a “sunny” look.

#714: 43L (1)a (7)b

par: 40L 4a 4b

#2 top of head of woman seated with back to us

EXPECTED: B>A>0

#714: 53L 6a (4)b

par:  51L 11a 14b

In both cases both the A and especially the B are seriously shifted toward coolness.

As in James’s case, neither of these points is at all important to the composition. What they *are* important for is that they can indicate that something is wrong in a way that my fleshtone, say, or the sloths cannot. You have that woman’s hair as being more blue than it is yellow. Impossible.

As with James, running Auto Color significantly improves this image.