Re: Panama 1978: results

Hector Davila

I tried to grab a copy of #726 and do the Luminosity thing but it didn't work for my #719. So, I did a little of #726 improvement and came up with this:

https://www.amerphotorestoration.com/outgoing/726%20-comp3-aaa.jpg

Hector Davila

On 6/30/2020 9:17 AM, Dan Margulis via groups.io wrote:

P.S. For those interested in the power of luminosity blending but not in duplicating the above steps, grab a copy of #726, which a couple of people have already commented has excellent detailing. I agree. I rate its color OTOH as acceptable but I’m not a big fan of it. Apply it to a layer on top of your own final image, and change layer mode to Luminosity. It definitely improves John’s #715 and would do the same to most other entries. To see it in dramatic form, grab #706, which has attractive color but is too flat, and apply #726 in Luminosity mode. The result, I think, is at least as good as the par, maybe better.